Withers Fruit Farm LTD
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimize any potential impact on the environment. We operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we strive to use best practices to minimize the environmental impact and to prevent any pollution.
The Environmental Policy applies to all aspects of our work. It is considered in our Integrated Farm Management Plan.
All managers and supervisors promote and implement a positive approach to sustainability that is rooted in this Environmental Policy.
The Farm Owner is responsible for ensuring that the Environment Policy is communicated to all staff, and that awareness of the policy is part of all staff inductions.
The Farm Owner is responsible for regular monitoring and review of the Environmental Policy so it is kept relevant, up-to-date, and used across the whole farm.
The Codes of Good Agricultural Practice for the Protection of Air, Water and Soil provide practical guidance to help you avoid causing pollution and to protect soil as a valuable resource.
Objectives and targets
Objectives and targets are set to prevent pollution and mitigate significant environmental impacts.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision and activities
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Train and educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work
- Reduce our use of natural recourses such as energy and water
- Reuse recourses wherever possible rather than dispose of them
- Encourage the use of recycled materials and recycling initiatives
- Eliminate or minimize appropriate pollution releases to the environment (air, soil and water)
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all responsible steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exit, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimize the social impact and damage of activities by annually reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
- Wherever practicable, sustainable options will be favored within purchases, sourcing suppliers and contracting, such as: choosing local providers, eco-friendly options, recycled goods, low-pollution products.
Signature of person responsible for policy:
|G. Leeds||Managing Director|
Staff responsible for integration of this environmental policy into Withers Farm day-to-day operations:
|L.Davies||Human Resources Officer|
|R.Neshev||Assistant Harvest Manager|
Date to be reviewed: